ACORN’s Voter registration efforts have been at the center of fraud allegations in as many as 15 states. Democrats have tried to deflect these allegations. Matt Griffin, Nevada’s deputy secretary of state for elections, said, “An ongoing probe in Nevada into the group responsible for collecting the registrations, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN, has not led investigators to believe anyone will try to vote illegally on Nov. 4. We’re talking registration fraud; it’s not voter fraud,” Griffin went on to say. “But we have a duty to follow up.” ACORN offices in Nevada have been raided by the FBI.
Accusations against ACORN, and its relationship with Barack #Obama, took a new turn yesterday as Ohio State Secretary, Jennifer Brunner was served a temporary restraining order to immediately stop early #voting registrations. It is being claimed that Jennifer Brunner is blocking attempts to properly verify early voting registrations. After growing evidence of serious and rampant voter registration fraud by organizations such as ACORN in the State of Ohio, a Federal Judge issued the TRO.
Jeanne MacIntosh, of the NY Post reports,
A man at the center of a voter-registration scandal told The Post yesterday he was given cash and cigarettes by aggressive ACORN activists in exchange for registering an astonishing 72 times, in apparent violation of Ohio laws.
“Sometimes, they come up and bribe me with a cigarette, or they’ll give me a dollar to sign up,” said Freddie Johnson, 19, who filled out 72 separate voter-registration cards over an 18-month period at the behest of the left-leaning Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.
“The ACORN people are everywhere, looking to sign people up. I tell them I am already registered. The girl said, ‘You are?’ I say, ‘Yup,’ and then they say, ‘Can you just sign up again?’ ” he said.
Johnson used the same information on all of his registration cards, and officials say they usually catch and toss out duplicate registrations. But the practice sparks fear that some multiple registrants could provide different information and vote more than once by absentee ballot.
What is Barack Obama’s relationship to ACORN? He has endorsed ACORN and accepted their endorsements. Here is an outline of ACORN’s tactics
- Get money from the Federal government money
- Use it to rally support for a political entitlement movement, playing the poor against the rich, the minorities against the whites, socialism against democracy.
- Use their clout to strong-arm banks into offering mortgage loans to those with bad credit
- Get some cronies in Washington to pass a bill to force a government-designed, government-regulated entity to guarantee those mortgages (Fannie Mae).
- Make large contributions to the campaigns of those politicians supporting the organization’s goals (and/or former staff).
- Enlist anyone interested, including convicted felons currently in prison, to run a voter registration drive, and give them instructions, but claim ignorance or lack of oversight when discovered that fraud is taking place
These are the strategies Obama learned from ACORN and they are the strategies he is using in his campaign for President.